Saturday, March 9, 2013

Elle and Blair's Skylark "Snowkissed Cashmere" Palette



Around Christmas time, I bought the new "Snowkissed Cashmere" Palette by Elle and Blair, from their new makeup line Skylark. First of all let's talk about the packaging. It's adorable! The inside is trendy and cute with it's chandelier pattern, and the outside looks elegant and classy with it's purple ribbon, and metallic print. Before I talk about the actual product, I want to discuss the brush. I almost never use brushes when they come with palettes, but I absolutely adore this brush. Not only do I use it with this palette, but with every other makeup look I use. The dual sided feature makes it handy, because you can pack and blend without using two different things. The brush has soft bristles and feels high quality. Getting in to the actual colors, let's start with lace.



Lace is a Creamy white shade, obviously the hi-light eye shadow in the group. I actually really like this color. It's great to wear under the brows, but I wouldn't suggest it for inner corners. The three other neutral colors are all perfect as well. Nutmeg as you can tell from how little I have left is my favorite of the palette. And Blitzen is a great dupe for MAC's all that glitters. All of the shades blend together nicely, and are extremely pigmented. The only main issue I had is the same that I seem to have with Too Faced eye shadows, they for some reason, are slightly messy. You must make sure to tap off any excess before using them unless you want a sparkly face. The color "Shiver" in my opinion, could use some work in the pigmentation area. Ember is okay but I'm not a huge fan of burgundy eye shadows. "Satin Sparks" is supposed to be a face hi-lighter  I honestly don't like hi-lighter on me. Whenever I wear it I always just look like I accidentally got a bunch of eye shadow on my face. However, I have used this as an eye shadow a few times and I really like it. Overall, for the first palette in a line, I think this a great product. I'm excited to see what else Elle and Blair have in store for us. I give this Palette a B.

xoxo
-Emily <3

No comments:

Post a Comment