Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bare Minerals-Mineral Veil vs. NYC Loose Translucent Powder

I wear a loose translucent powder  over my liquid foundation, everyday. so I'm always looking for a new powder too try. My favorite so far is Bare Mineral's "Mineral Veil." It goes on the brush well, doesnt make a big cloud in the air when you try to tap off the excess. It is sheer, and allows your foundation too show through, but yet makes it looked more finished, and polished. I simply can not say enough good things about it! I ran out a few weeks ago, and didn't have time to run to the nearest town with a Sephora and grab a new case, but in my town, I do have a Walmart, so I headed over there to find a temporary replacement. Much too my dismay, the only brand available with a  loose translucent powder was NYC. I decided too pick it up, dispite the brand and try to have an open mind. I can honestly tell you, it isn't that bad! It is in no way mineral veil. Like at all. But it does work. It does create that cloud in the air when you tap off the excess, which really bugs me, and it sometimes leaves my mouth feeling dry, because I always somehow get part of the cloud in my mouth. Lol! It also has a little bit of a weird smell, deffinetly not my favorite, but once you get it applied the smell goes away. So if your on a tight budget, I actually would reccomend this NYC powder, I did go ahead and get a new Mineral Veil, simply because I like it better, however, I think it would be a good product for a beginner. I give Mineral Veil an A and NYC loose translucent powder a B-.

xoxo
-Emily<3

No comments:

Post a Comment